Saturday, February 13, 2016

To Jenn

First I was gonna write a sappy love song, sappy love poem, as sappy as they come
Then I realized that I knew that you'd expect that, hell, maybe even this one
But surprise is an element I no longer give a shit about
This isn't about eloquence as much as it is about hearing me out
The background that I came from is nothing like yours.
I didn't have a clear path from high school to college doors.
I spent my 19th birthday and that Easter on the streets
Just for bringing a girl over without permission it seems
Living out of the back of a 2 door Saturn is no way to have to live
While you're 19, working as a supervisor, as a roofer and trying to earn college creds
People say I feel entitled, am placing blame on no one but myself
But to all those who never had to face any adversity and say its just me,
I say go fuck yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment