Saturday, August 5, 2017

8/5/2017

I wish I knew how to say "no," but it seems I still don't. Hazel asked me at the very last minute to help her move last week, and I dropped everything to do it. We rented a box truck, and loaded all her furniture and some boxes from her house onto the truck and into a storage unit, just the two of us. I can't deny that yet again the déjà vu was extremely palpable, and it really started to get to me. Then last night, she sent me a text at around 10:00pm and asked if I could help her finish moving this morning, and I obliged. Where's her amazing boyfriend she always talks about? He can't help?

Me: an amazingly loyal friend who will always help, never saying no even if I now only hear from you when you need something...and eternally unworthy loveless, lonely fool.

I just want something I can never have.

But hey, at least everyone else I know is happy and has someone to love right? That's all that matters..  

In the words of Peter Steele, "I hate the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment