Sunday, June 4, 2017

Movie Night

    I went with my friend Hazel to see the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie tonight. I didn't expect it to hit me the way it did, but between the 25 minutes of previews for a variety of upcoming comic book, fantasy, 3-D animated and science fiction movies combined with this being my first venture back into a movie theater since seeing "Suicide Squad" with her combined with the fact that this movie that Hazel picked out was so obviously a movie that I would of wanted to see with her, I found the experience difficult to enjoy. I found myself wanting to put up the arm rest on my right side and reach for a small, soft pale-skinned hand with beautiful slender fingers, and sexy long nails that wasn't there. I thought about the thoughtful discussions I used to have with her about whatever movie we'd just seen on our way out of the theater and on the car rides back home.

    Upon waiting for Hazel outside the bathroom following the movie, I experienced further déjà vu and almost convinced myself for a brief second that maybe I'd see her come out of the bathroom instead of Hazel. Afterwards as Hazel and I walked toward our cars, we discussed what we thought about the movie and what we might want to see next. When she said she wants to see the next "Fast and Furious" movie when it comes out, I chose not to respond.

I should of been there with you. 💔

No comments:

Post a Comment