Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Couldn't be better

I got up this morning to take a shower and to my surprise Patty decided to do laundry.

What did that mean for me?

It meant that my bathtub and toilet slowly and (virtually) silently overflowed without my notice. Shitty water filled the hallway closet, the hallway itself and pooled down to the barstools in the living room. I turned the water supply to the toilet off, but it didn't stop. I had to race down to the laundry machine in my bare feet, slipping and falling in the hallway while I made my way. I smacked my head on the ground. The headache and fuzziness still haven't left me.

Even after stoppimg the laundry machine, the water didn't immediately stop. I spent an over hour moppingand attempting to dry the fucking aftermath in the bathroom, closet, hallway and living room. It was and still is a fucking nightmare. Not only did I fall and smack my head, but I almost cracked my head open a few more times.

I broke the drainer attached to my mop bucket while i was mopping, making my job harder. I could not get the mop dry enough after that, so I was on hand and knee reluctantly, in the filth using towels and paper towels in the end. I can't shower either..the tub still won't fully drain and the toilet is still disabled too.

I made the landlord aware and he said he is out Of town and will be by tomorrow. Meanwhile I am possibly concussed, in throbbing pain, sweaty and gross. This morning's events could not be anymore symbolic of my feelings and my place in the world.

I sit on the edge of my best alone, still dripping sweat, discharging subtle tears if sadness and hopelessnews,  wanting so for someone to hold me.

I wish she was here so bad. She's the only thingy that stops the ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment