Sunday, September 6, 2015

I make this commitment to myself here and now..

I just got done spending not even an hour on the rowing machine and I feel like I am going to die. I am so pitifully out of shape, its sad. So I hereby swear to this open-ended commitment beginning on Monday, September 6th until such a time that I feel better about myself physically and mentally.

1) I fully commit to spend at least one hour on the rowing machine each day, honestly and ambitiously increasing my increments as I see and feel fit to do so. This regiment will begin when I wake up in the mornings while my schedule permits, and at any other time if there is a change in schedule later.

2) I will also spend at least half an hour each day on the weight machine, within a a reasonable time frame after completing my regiment on the rowing machine; and will honestly increase my increments as I see and feel fit to do so.

3) I will limit my junk food intake (ie pizza, desserts, greasy food, trans fats etc..) to weekends only, and willfully decrease my intake from there.

4) I will take my fish oil/heart health caplets and other medications accordingly, not skipping a single dose and planning ahead accordingly, should I not be home to take them.

5) I will increase my writing, but especially reading during periods of downtime, as I know and feel that this limits depression and other negative feelings that occur from a stubborn sense of stagnation when not employed or properly preoccupied. (That sequel to "The Shining" by Stephen King would be a great place to start should Jenn be willing to take ot back out for me.)

I need to look better. I need to feel better. And I know this is how. And it will take discipline, lots of it. Get ready to feel the burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment