Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When Alone

It's only in the dark I see
Shine your light away from me
I keep trying to pray off my disease
I wait in silence and God won't speak
This empty old room, dusty, desolate and cold...

Only when alone, only when I feel ashamed
Only when alone, only when my temper's tamed

Just hold me close and let it be
Exhale your breath all over me
The darkest nights and bloody fights
Always wrong and never right
We beat the odds just one more time
Eating the leftover dust and grime

Only when alone, only when I can see the end
Only when alone, only when my wounds can mend

I paint my face in colors dark
Hiding the truth from all of you
The man I was, no doubt has died
The devil always lets his victims cry
Mountains crumbling, the sky then falls
A pretty ending after all

Only when alone, only when the people crowd
Only when alone, only when I scream aloud
Only when alone, only when I hear that sound...

Only when I'm alone, only when the meaning's found








No comments:

Post a Comment